1. Jump out of bed and crush the floor boards every morning by smashing your feet down and defiantly take on each and every day.
2. Breathe deep in the midst of turmoil. Be calm and take deliberate action when everyone else is falling apart.
3. Live aggressively and appreciate every second.
4. Make opportunities happen by taking action. Remember, there is no luck.
5. Always believe in yourself and your dreams.
6. Don’t start counting reps until it burns.
7. Hit 100 push-ups every day.
8. Dance for your kids when their friends are around.
10. When you’re talking to someone, listen to them very carefully as if that is the last time you’ll ever hear their voice again.
11. Be Swayze in Point Break, Youngblood or Road House.
12. Show your daughters what kind of guy to look for by how you treat their Mom
13. Remember this quote:
14. Make a special handshake for each of your kids and throw it on them when they’re doing homework, eating, or whenever you can.
15. Realize, when you think you’re working hard, there are many others who are succeeding in their lives by working harder than you. They’re putting in one more hour, doing one more rep, helping one more person.
16. Leave your kids a special note in their book bag that they’ll find during the day at school.
17. Hold that hug one more second and squeeze hard.
18. Challenge yourself everyday.
19. Find a mentor.
20. Do something you FEAR until it becomes a strength.
21. Commit the poem Invictus to memory and say it everyday.
22. Work hard when everyone else has stopped working. Work when no one is looking. Work when there is no end in sight.
23. Be true to yourself. It will inspire others to be who they really want to be but are too afraid.
24. Always use a weight vest for your bodyweight training.
25. Learn everything you can to make yourself better. To be a better provider. To be a better man.
26. Remember that time is NOT constant. The older you get, the faster it ticks away.
27. Select three important goals that you want to hit each day and rank them in order of importance. Focus on getting the most important one done first and work from there.
28. Always have a beginner’s mind. Approach every learning opportunity with enthusiasm.
29. Drink a gallon of water each day.
30. Find something great about each person you meet and tell them how much you appreciate them for it.
31. Progress, not perfection. Stop beating yourself up for not being perfect and focus on small changes that make you 1% better everyday.
32. Be humble. Work hard.
33. Stop being negative. No one wants to hear it. Be different and focus on the positive. Remember, there are many people who are happy with much less than you have.
34. Take action. Live in strength and not in fear.
35. Stop giving your energy to your past. Live in the present and build your future.
36. Never give up. Whatever you do, never give up.
37. You will fail and make lots of mistakes. Keep going. See #36.
38. Train every workout like you’ll never get to train again. Push yourself and drive out your demons with every rep.
39. A dream. Hope. Sacrifice. All things that money cannot buy.
40. Encourage others and inspire them to greatness in their lives. You will get it back ten fold. When you’ve given all of yourself, give more.
41. Be completely honest and look people in the eye when you speak with them.
42. Have no regrets.
43. Pay it 360
44. “Fear is the only darkness.”
45. Remember, the most important things in life don’t cost any money. Love, friendship, hope, respect, dignity, character…
46. Go into everything you do with supreme confidence. Never let defeat or negative thoughts enter your mind. See yourself achieving greatness before it happens.
47. Building your legacy and defining your character is about how you treat people who can do absolutely nothing for you.
48. Realize you are powerful beyond measure and capable of 20X more than you ever thought possible.
49. If you have good friends, hold on to them. Tell them everyday how much they mean to you and never let them go. They will give you strength and encourage you when you lose your way.
50. Empower your kids to live their lives without limits.
51. Remember to live your life like your kids are taking notes on how they should live their lives.